The Nib of your Thin Pen and Three-Button Pen is designed to wear out. But don't worry, this is not a defect, it's to protect the surface of your Xencelabs Pen Tablet from scratches.
1. You will receive 10 spare nibs with your Xencelabs Pen Tablet (4 felt and 6 standard).
2. Make sure to replace pointed, chiseled, and worn nibs to keep your Pen Tablet in good condition.
3. When removing the nib from your pen always use your included Nib Extraction Tool.
4. After inserting a new nib into your pen always use gentle pressure with your finger to set the nib.
DO NOT set the nib by tapping your pen on your Tablet or a hard surface, this could damage the surface of your Tablet or your Pen.
IMPORTANT: Never wait too late to replace your nib. If your nib gets too short you might not be able to remove the worn-out nib from your pen and you will need to purchase a new pen.
Tool Tip: If nibs are wearing out to quickly, adjust your pen pressure in your Xencelabs application. With softer pen pressure settings you won't have to press as hard to get darker lines thus increasing the life span of your pen nibs.
|Open your Xencelabs application|
|1. Click on your pen settings in the side menu|
|2. Here you can adjust the pressure sensitivity of the selected pen |
-Soft for less pressure needed
-Heavy for more pressure needed
3. (Optional) In advanced settings you have more options to customize your pen.
|4. Here is the same slider from the previous page. |
Note how it changes the curve in the graph above.
5. Adjust the curve by clicking the small yellow boxes in the graph and drag.