Start a new topic

Hold and Tap for right click

I always preferred the way Wacom had an option "hold and tap" to produce a right click. This would be helpful for those of us that use mouse gestures as the current "click" and drag the stylus button kind of freaks the mouse gesture reader out.

3 people like this idea

Yeah, I wanted to ask for the estimate time aswell , I know its hard to tell but wanted to express our interest in this feature

Very sorry, I do not have a time frame for when this feature will be added. It may be added in the first quarter of 2024. 

It's early 2024, I hope this feature has been considered and I hope maybe it will be added in the first quarter of 2024. However, I would like to know if priority has been given since it's been like 2 years since this was suggested. Thanks

I'm reaching out to the driver team to see where they are with adding the Tap and Click feature. I'll let you know what I find out. 

2 people like this

Hi!, Did you find something about the date where the dev team will add this feature?

Im sorry for insisting but I find myself using the tablet a lot more recently and i'd like to know when will this feature be available, thank you

Thanks for the follow-up, I have let the driver team know that you are asking. I'll keep you posted. 

Please can we have any update on this? at least if it's being worked on

Yes, the driver team is looking at it and testing it with different applications to see how it works and/or responds.

I have also done some testing (with Adobe PD) and discovered when I set one of my Quick Keys buttons to Alt, I'm able to press the button, and then tap Nib on the color I want to select and use, and it works.

There are some other features around this using this also that are being looked at.

[1] I assigned it to button #7 on my Quick Keys.

[2] I named it Color Picker.

[3] I pressed the Alt keyboard key and then clicked OK.

I am unsure if this is how it's going to work, I also downloaded the beta drivers to see if there are any changes but nothing is showing that the feature is implemented unless I am missing a setting somewhere because I installed 1.3.2-61 from the beta. But I am not sure it's anything related to the quick keys either. If at least is available in this driver version, how do I enable it? and if not, where will the option be to able to use "Tap and click" or "Hover click". Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. What I described above is currently available, and you do not need to turn it on. It is on by default.

I would suggest that you reach out to CustomerCare@xencealbs.com, and one of the agents will work with you to determine why you are not able to see this feature now in PS.

Hmmm, I don't use PS mainly, I use blender and I don't have quick keys. I only have the xencelabs tablet. However, I also tested it in PS and I didn't I don't see any change, I still have the beta driver installed. I would contact  customer care, however I would also like to know from the other users here it if works for them. Thanks

If others are using this feature and it is working or not working, please reply to this post, and open a Customer Care ticket by emailing CustomerCare@Xencelabs.com.

Thanks

I stopped using the xencelabs tablet due to the lack of this feature. I took it on purpose to check it out . I confirm that the hold and tap feature has not appeared. Unfortunately.

2 people like this

Customer care hasn't responded yet,  but can you be able to show the video of how it's working, I uninstalled and installed still nothing new, it's still hover click, and not "Hold and tap". Thanks

Login to post a comment