Neues Thema starten

Photoshop Action Menu Item to button

I wish to start a photoshop action with a button on Quick Keys but find the following issue.

I'm on Mac OSX 14 M2 chip

keyboard pref is defaulted to using f keys as brightness, volume, spotlight etc.

Photoshop actions may be set to use a function key on Mac, adding Cmd and Shift as modifiers. 

In photoshop, I set my action to initiate using a key command set, Cmd shift F4 which is physically actuated by fn Cmd shift F1, as you must click the Function key to have the F4 key work as function key rather than doing spotlight.

In key commands for the Xencel driver, there is no option for the fn or globe key... so I can't get it to work. Is there a workaround or could you add fn key to the Keystroke Add Special menu.

An observation which may or may not help, I have also tried holding the fn key on the keyboard while pressing the macro key on the quickkeys pad.

Thanks for the post. I know that selecting the F keys on a Mac is an issue within our Quick Keys. A couple of other people have asked for similar fixes.

I’m going to reach out to the drive team and see if they have made any headway toward getting this resolved.

David, I feel sure you have worked this out five months after starting this thread, but you can reverse the Fn key behaviour in System Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > select the Function Keys tab on the side bar, and check Use F1, F2 etc. keys as standard function keys.  I am posting this on Windows 11, or I'd include a screenshot.

I have always thought the Function keys are wasted in Photoshop as their defaults are either redundant or irrelevant unless you are short on screen space.  Using them to trigger actions that let you perform a task with a single key click is much nicer idea than the defaults.

I am currently half way through a project using Logitech's new(ish) G515 gaming keyboard that allows us to remap every key.  I am using it in parallel with my Corsair K95 exclusively to trigger Photoshop shortcuts and actions with single keys.

I am currently waiting for a 16" Pen Display.  It was not until I made the shelf for the MacBook (Pro M1) that I realised I could accommodate the Pen Display, and I am excited as can be waiting to try it (when Amazon gets their finger out and delivers it :-( ).

Thanks for posting that and for including a work-around that is helpful.

OK, let's talk about your setup. That is nice! I have a Logitech G915 Lightspeed keyboard due to arrive tomorrow. I ordered with the Linear keys. How do you like yours, and do you have the Tactile, Lanear, or Clicky keys?

Anmelden um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen