Start a new topic

Switch Display with a keyboard shortcut

It would be amazing if we could toggle the monitor display with a keyboard shortcut!

It would be a world-first since no tablet company actually offers this feature.

It's essential, especially for drag-drop operations between monitors.

On my previous tablets (Wacom/XP-Pen), I could switch displays by using AutoHotkey and assigning a key to manipulate the Control Panel GUI.

Unfortunately, the XenceLabs GUI doesn't have ClassNN controls exposed - I can't get information about how many monitors,  which monitor is currently active or even send keystrokes directly to a control/combo/list box.

I thought about using a HID parser and sending the 'Switch Display' command directly to the tablet drivers but this won't work. Unfortunately, XenceLabs 'Switch Display' function cycles the active monitors... and then activates All Displays! 

There doesn't appear to be a way to disable the 'All Displays' entry from being cycled. Doesn't seem possible to directly switch to a specific monitor.

Maybe XenceLabs could enable a command-line option with switches?

e.g. Xencelabs.exe -screen:FullTabletArea -display:Monitor3

I'm running out of ideas - I've got no way of switching monitors without physically pressing a button on the tablet :(

1 person likes this idea

I too do not like the way it cycles i just want display-1 and display-2 not all displays in the cycle. I asked support and a few months ago they said it was coming just round the corner. So obviously we did not pass that corner just yet! 

1 person likes this

I too do not like the way it cycles i just want display-1 and display-2 not all displays in the cycle. I asked support and a few months ago they said it was coming just round the corner. So obviously we did not pass that corner just yet! 

1 person likes this

Your suggestions are fascinating. I have passed them on to the Driver Team to review. I know the entire Display Toggle is being revamped with the release of our Pen Display 24. 

These are great ideas – thanks for posting.

Hi,

indeed, simple one clic monitor switch is the the only thing I miss from wacom.

Any news on this ?

Thanks !

Hi,

any news on this ? I miss this feature a lot too.

That is in the works. Please keep your eye on the next driver release or two. That seems like a small thing, but it can be a time saver when you bounce back and forth between three or four displays.

Yes, please stay tuned. It should be right around the corner. 

Login to post a comment