Commencer un nouveau sujet

How to enter text on quickkeys remote

Hi. Has anyone worked a way to enter text using th Quivk Keys Remote please? I am thinking of things like an email address. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The product team is looking at ways to expand the use of Quick Keys. When the Quick Keys were developed, it was designed around being a tool for an artist.

We did not see all the other possibilities you can use the Quick Keys for with just a little tweaking and some modification. It speaks to that old saying; you don’t know what you don’t know. And we just did not know how they would be used outside of the Art world.

With that said, what are some other areas that the Quick Keys could be used with a little tweaking or expansion?

I am looking for this exact feature as well. I would really really like the ability to paste "canned" templates or comments with the quick keys. 

As it is currently its very time consuming having to go back and forth to my word file to search for the template I need, copy it, then go back to my other application, and paste it. 

Seems trivial but adds up to huge amounts of time and inefficiency in my workflow. 

Thanks!

I agree with you 100%, and I have also talked to the Driver team about updating that. When I read your comment and then looked at the field, I thought the same thing. I tested and then realized that the 24-character limit was for the Name field.

This is one of the many reasons I like hearing from all of you, we are not always right, and even when we are, there are many times there are better ways to do things than the path we choose.

Your comments are fantastic!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. It was a miss from me since I misinterpreted the "Maximum 24 characters" message as referring to the length of the keys.

I think the messages should be made more clear since the next line apparently refers to the keystrokes but is also placed under the shortcut name.

I'm using Windows 10 and Xencelabs Driver 1.2.1-18 and I'm able to place way more than 24 in that field. See below. 

We are working on making the keystroke Keys field a bit more user friendly, but you do have the ability to place 244 characters in that field. 

Not sure what Mike was talking about. Apparently the latest Windows driver (1.2.1-18) still supports up to 24 characters only.

But hey Dennis, you can simply choose the first option (sorry for using the Chinese language and not being sure about the English equivalent).

Then in the rightmost textbox simply input your key sequence as if you were typing the text. It will split your sequence with ',' automatically.

Hope it helps!

Hi Mike. Unfortunately your reply doesn't answer my question, which is how to enter text, i.e. what syntax is used? Are separators required after each character entered and if so, what are they please?

The character limit was just increased from 24 to 244 characters. This will help a bit with being able to enter in a few sentences that can then inserted into an email.  

Connexion pour poster un commentaire