Commencer un nouveau sujet

Hold and Tap for right click

I always preferred the way Wacom had an option "hold and tap" to produce a right click. This would be helpful for those of us that use mouse gestures as the current "click" and drag the stylus button kind of freaks the mouse gesture reader out.

3 personnes aiment cette idée

With the beta version 1.3.2-61-RC, tablet usage is finally broken. The right mouse button is pressed first at the moment of pressing the button, while the pen has not yet touched the tablet. Then at the moment when the pen touches the tablet, the right mouse button is pressed again. And then the press occurs for the third time when you release the button.

I've sent several responses in this conversation the last 2 weeks that do not appear. I don't understand if I'm not being aproved (didn't say anything mean or offensive) or what could be happening

Yes, I suppose it was overlooked, not on purpose or by design, but by chance. And that is where this community comes to the rescue! You let us know what we missed, and Xencelabs will do our best to added and or fix it.

We are not perfect, but we do try very hard to meet the needs of our artist community.

I am glad this thread is getting more attention because I have been looking forward to this feature for a long, I don't know what is the issue at the moment if it cannot be implemented or something else. As @John Carimando was asking  Is it a patent issue? Was it considered not essential? because it's been like 3 years now. I moved away from Wacom because I preferred but with this feature absent it feels like using a Huion and XP-pen rather. Because they are also having a similar issue of not having this feature. So is it a patent issue or it can't be implemented or something else?

I even tried getting an OpenTabletDriver from Github to see if this could work but they also haven't been able to implement it. Kindly let us know what's going on because this is a very important feature that will help us in our workflow

I’m not sure why it was not added when the driver was created. That was six months before I started with Xencelabs. I can't imagine that there is any sort of patent issue; it was just overlooked.

Please know that Xencelabs is a small but growing company. We are customer-centric, but when we started this venture, so much needed to be done. Please remember that our competitor has been doing this for 40-plus years. We are now 3.5 years into this venture, and with each driver release and product release, we are moving forward just a bit.

I would also like to thank all those who have contributed to your thoughts and given guidance and direction for features like this one. You are helping mold Xencelabs into a company that is pushing its way to the top of this market. Thanks -

1 personne aime ça
Connexion pour poster un commentaire